Several advanced configuration options are available for your website, such as cookie management or the behavior during timeout. If you want to change the default parameters, this article will help you to see more clearly throughout these options.
Access the options
To access the configuration options, log in to your personal space.
Then, use the left menu to go to the “Configured sites” page, with all the websites you have set up with your account.
Click on the “Advanced configuration” button for the website of your choice.
You will arrive on the Advanced configuration options page, as you can see on the tabs on the left.
- Use the browser local storage: this is an alternative to store data without using cookies. The local storage is available on most browsers and allows you to store information on the user’s computer. For further information, please see our article about cookies.
- Enable permanent refreshment: with this this option, Kameleoon will check regularly if new elements appeared on the page, and will, if it is the case, applie the changes. Enable this option if there is dynamic content on your website with asynchronous calls to your server (Ajax).
- Behavior during timeout: you can redefine the behavior of Kameleoon when the script exceeds its usual time of loading. By default, Kameleoon will launch eventually with a flickering effect.
The available options are:
- run Kameleoon (with flicker),
- disable Kameleoon for this page,
- disable Kameleoon for the entire visit.
- Personalized cookie (duration of the cookie): by default, the duration is 30 days. This option allows you to choose a custom duration (integer in seconds). For further information, please see our article about cookies.
- Custom URL CDN: the static files and the A/B test datas created from the Kameleoon editor are hosted on a CDN optimized to deliver quickly static content. If you want to use your CDN, fill in its URL here.
- Disable launching the editor via Shift + F2: this option allows you to block the access to Kameleoon editor from the shortcut Shift + F2
- Personalized tracking script: fill out here a personalized tracking script to recover data on additional visitors in your web analytic solution.
- Selection variant script: a selection variant script allows to force the display of a variation according to specific rules. Fill in here the full script to use with Kameleoon.
Once your changes are completed, click on the “Validate” button at the bottom of the page to save your parameters.