When you created your Kameleoon account, you registered a website with which you wanted to use Kameleoon. However, if you own several domain names, you might want to use Kameleoon with all of them. This is why Kameleoon allows you to connect several websites with your account and create web personalizations on all of them.
You can manage your websites in your personal space. Log in to https://back-office.kameleoon.com and click on the “Preferences” icon.
Adding a website
In your preferences you will find the list of your websites. If you never added a website, only the website you created you account with will appear. To add a new website, click on “Add site”.
Then, click on “Add the URL of your site”.
Fill in the name and domain name of your website and click on the “Validate” button.
Kameleoon will create the script you need to install on your website. This script must be added to your webpages code in the
<head> tag. For further information about Kameleoon installation, please read our Quick start guide or Advanced installation guide.
Disabling or deleting a website
To disable or delete a website, click on the “Configuration” button for the website of your choice.
On the configuration page, you will find on the top right two buttons: “Delete site” and “Disable site”.
Delete site: will remove permanently the website. All of your web personalizations and A/B tests will be deleted.
Disable site: will pause all of your web personalizations and A/B tests. When the site is disabled, the button becomes “Enable site”, allowing you to enable your website when you want to.
Setting up a website
For each of your websites, you will find a “Configuration” button allowing you to manage your website parameters.
In the configuration page, the menu on the left gives you access to your website parameters.
- Use the browser local storage: this is an alternative to store data without using cookies. The local storage is available on most browsers and allows you to store information on the user’s computer. For further information, please see our article Using cookies with Kameleoon.
- Enable permanent refreshment: with this this option, Kameleoon will check regularly if new elements appeared on the page, and will, if it is the case, applie the changes. Enable this option if there is dynamic content on your website with asynchronous calls to your server (Ajax).
- Behavior during timeout: you can redefine the behavior of Kameleoon when the script exceeds its usual time of loading. By default, Kameleoon will launch eventually with a flickering effect. The available options are:
- run Kameleoon (with flicker),
- disable Kameleoon for this page,
- disable Kameleoon for the entire visit.
- Personalized cookie (duration of the cookie): by default, the duration is 30 days. This option allows you to choose a custom duration (integer in seconds). For further information, please see our article Using cookies with Kameleoon.
- Custom URL CDN: the static files and the A/B test datas created from the Kameleoon editor are hosted on a CDN optimized to deliver quickly static content. If you want to use your CDN, fill in its URL here.
- Disable launching the editor via Shift + F2: this option allows you to block the access to Kameleoon editor from the shortcut Shift + F2
- Personalized tracking script: fill out here a personalized tracking script to recover data on additional visitors in your web analytic solution.
- Selection variant script: a selection variant script allows to force the display of a variation according to specific rules. Fill in here the full script to use with Kameleoon.
Once your changes are completed, click on the "Validate" button at the bottom of the page to save your parameters.
Here, you will find all configuration options specific to web personalization.
- Percentage of visitors excluded from personalizations: you can define a percentage of visitors who will not be exposed to your web personalization. By default, this percentage is set on 0, but we recommend to keep a sample population in order to measure the efficiency of your web personalizations.
- Simultaneous display of the same type personalizations: by default, simultaneous display of two web personalizations of the same type is allowed. Consequently, you can display two similar popins or two images at the same place. To disable this option, check the following box:
- Injection jQuery: by default, this option is disabled and should stay disabled if you are already using jQuery in your source code. However, if your are not using jQuery on your code, you must enable this option if you want to use animation effects on your web personalizations.
Once you have finished your settings, click on the “Validate” button to save your parameters.